contact & commissions
Thanks for reaching out!
Please read the following before submitting the contact form.
I’m so pleased that you’d like to support my work! Commissions are accepted on a very limited basis. Here’s a few things to know before submitting an inquiry:
- YouTube- The blessing, The curse.
- Telling stories through videos on YouTube is a big driving force in not only the passion, but also the economics of Sawyer Design. Because of this, certain commissions may not be in the cards because they don’t align. Hopefully that won’t always be the case, but for now, it’s the unfortunate truth.
- Crafting one of a kind pieces and the visual storytelling that goes along with them takes time. Typical lead time is ~1 year.
- Speaking of time. . . What to expect for pricing:
- Spending every waking moment for a month or more thinking of how you’ll spend your life with this piece is consuming.
- It’s a passion and there isn’t a thing else I’d love to be doing, but I have to eat.
- Minimum orders are $10,000
- Studio time is $2,500/wk (you’re not being charged for the video time)
- Ballparks are free. Designs are not. Design time is paid upfront, then:
- A proposal is drafted.
- deposits are 50% down, 50% upon completion.
- A final design rendering is submitted for approval before work starts.
- Freight is expensive. LTL is no place for fine furniture. All pieces are crated by hand and delivered by art transportation contractors. (namely USArt)
- An estimate will be provided at the beginning of the project. This figure will change and estimates aim to make this change a reduction by padding the number 20% in case fuel surcharges spike or nuclear winter increases long haul chain prices because of steel import shortages or viral outbreaks.
- This figure is typically $2,500-$4,500 cross-country on a 200lb coffee table sized crate. Weight is more of a factor than size.
- Now you know.
- You get 900% attention when you’re up.
- Until then, apologies in advanced for late emails. It’s not that I don’t care, It’s that I care a lot about what’s in front of me.
- Please keep conversations in a single email thread.
- It’s hard enough to keep up with youtube comments, dms on 4 platforms, and 6 inboxes–
- Your message WILL be missed and/or forgotten if this isn’t followed.
- Thank you in advanced for adhering to this neurodivergent type-A OCD ADHD organization standard.
THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!